Where has this year gone?
I'm not complaining because its been a really good year, but why does it have to pass so quickly.
Oh well, it is wonderful to be past those 100F days and into the early stages of Fall. And with that, hop over to
and join Joyce and other bloggers for
1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?
Getting to be at Grandparents day for this adorable 3rd grade granddaughter on Oct. 16, one day before her 9th birthday.
2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why.
Although both are what the soul needs, I must go with music. Our life has revolved around music for the soul for the past 50 + years. I have found that so many times, music speaks to one's heart and soul when mere words cannot.3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?
That the download speed on our internet server is ridiculously too slow.
4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe.
We really don't have a specific game day meal. But, we did have chills and thrills as we watched our Big Boy Grandson play at left guard on the Offensive of Western Michigan against #1 Ohio State on national TV last Sat. Here he is after the game tickling his little sisters. By the way, he played an exceptional game even though they lost. We are some proud grandparents.
This is not my actual morning routine you understand.
1. Waking up when my body says wake up and not the alarm
2. Doing some sort of exercise
3. Spending time outside reading and Bible Study
4. Eating a big, southern breakfast
5. All while looking forward to meeting friends or family at some point during the day
Oh if only #5 could be part of my every day routine.
6. What small thing have you taken note of today?
Its not really a small thing, but we enjoyed lunch with two sets of special friends yesterday and today. I am so grateful for long-time friendships that don't depend on time or frequency. On Monday, we visited with good friends we hadn't seen in 20 years. The one thing that was so obvious, was that we picked up as if there had been no time lapse. I love that.
Celebration; Anniversary; Friends; Family; Safety; Soccer; Football
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I realized while sitting on my patio one morning this week, that we have such a cacophony of colors and mixture of plants in flower beds. That realization called for a photo session.