Be sure to join
and other bloggers for
1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
Probably the thing I can most afford to give away is time, but the thing I hold most dear is time. So, will I? I'm not sure at this point.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
I don't think I have one. There are a few phrases I use once in a while such as "And this too shall pass," but nothing that I base my life on.
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
Hubby does most of the shopping, thankfully, but I do go occasionally. He enjoys it and is good at it and I enjoy seeing him so happy. It's the least I can do for him. HA!
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
The only least bit questionable one I watch is "Revenge." A night-time soap opera.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter- that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
I find that I over use the word "that."
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
I addressed this issue on my Monday blog which can be found HERE!
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
"Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: Cause me to know the way wherin I should walk; for I lift up my soul to thee." Psalm 143:8
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This past Saturday Hubby and I took a road trip into East Texas to a Peach Orchard. There were so many choices, but we ended up getting a half bushel of Ruston Reds which we shared with good friends. If you haven't eaten one of these peaches, you have missed such a treat, for they are delicious.
I made a peach cobbler with half of my half which is to die for. Peach cobbler with ice cream!
So southern and so good!