Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Giving Thanks

Join us for

1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?

We occasionally play Mexican Train and Rummikub with friends.  I have downloaded an app onto my iPad called Magic Puzzles.  It is a collection of jigsaw puzzles and I will have to admit to an addiction.

2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?

Home!

3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.

Watch football.  This has been a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember.  Although we will be visiting our UTexas family, I feel sure we will watch the Texas A&M vs. LSU game being played in the MetLife Dome in Dallas Thanksgiving night.  Our oldest granddaughter and future Grandson will be graduates of A&M and we are diehard LSU fans.  I feel sure we will be in the minority, but that's alright.  It is all about the SEC!

4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?

Just give me a big Saturday brunch of biscuits, omelet and fruit.  My sweet hubby is good at this!
But, my real favorite meal will have to be the Christmas Day breakfast we share with our Indiana family.  It mostly consists of our DIL's family recipes and some new ones that have now become part of our tradition. 

5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?

I don't watch them, and can't think of a thing I need to own.

6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?

I have done some of my shopping but still have a few things to do.  I do NOT plan to shop on Black Friday.  I would love for all stores to be closed on Thanksgiving Day.  I think people would adjust knowing they will either have to buy the day before or wait until Friday.  At this point the majority of my shopping has been done online.

7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?

The love and devotion of my husband.  I never want to take that for granted.
Memories of my parents and the closeness of my two sisters.
My children and their spouses who are all amazing parents and citizens of the Kingdom.
Our seven beautiful grandchildren who are all as different as day light and dark and bring so much spice and life and joy to our lives.

8. Insert your own random thought here

Today is my sister's birthday!

Gin, you are the glue that holds us as sisters together.
You are our inspiration.
You are our favorite survivor!
We love you and are so thankful for you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet birthday tribute to your sister. Happy birthday to her! Enjoy your Thanksgiving day with family! We are SEC fans here too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in full agreement about the SEC (GO BIG ORANGE!). I have to say: Gig 'Em! (My daddy is an Aggie along with a lot of family members & one of my sisters is working on her PhD in Math Education at A&M) We'll be watching the Iron Bowl on Saturday with my BIL (who is a Bama alum) & my SIL (a dye-hard Auburn fan). I have a feeling the guys will be in 1 room & the ladies in another! :)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to play Mexican train with my parents all the time...haven't play recently, may have to dig that out. Football is part of our Thanksgiving days too and I am totally with you on the stores being closed on Thanksgiving Day. Can't believe that ever happened. I always thought black Friday was dumb too. They could have their super sales, run them ALL week-end to kick off the season, and keep the stores open an extra couple of hours. This round the clock thing is ridiculous. People would adjust and get what they wanted eventually. Just kind of a fever that hits soo many people. Sad in my opinion. Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your sister and happy thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels to Christy's, hopefully you won't have bumper to bumper traffic.

    Boy, guess I interrupted #7 very different. :o)) Guess that's what makes the HP so much fun.

    Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always loved to play Mexican Train and when I think of that game, I am reminded of another game we played with friends and that was Farkle!! So much fun.
    Your sister is beautiful and very nice tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your hodgepodge and finding your blog. Happy birthday to your sister! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.