Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Another Wednesday and another Hodgepodge.
Thank you Joyce for doing this each week.
Click HERE to join the other bloggers.




1. What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them.

My dad loved animals so we always had at least one dog and maybe a cat along the way.  The pet I most remember was a big black lab we named BeeBo.  He was such a sweet and gentle dog.  One specific incident I recall was him bringing a baby bird to my dad - held gently in his big mouth.  The tiny bird had fallen from its nest and Beebo knew instinctively that Dad would take care of it.

2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?

As I answered these questions in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, 2AM, that will be my today.  There are several things that must be done on this Tuesday as I will be leaving to spend a couple nights with my sister who will be having cataract surgery this morning.  I must attend my 5:30 AM Pilates class (didn't make it because I was blogging at 2AM); finish the floors that I didn't get done yesterday - check; pack - check; help Hubby make a Chicken Pot Pie (he did it all by himself because I was busy); go to our first handbell rehearsal for the Fall - check; then get on the road before 2PM.  Actually, there were some must-do errands to be run in there somewhere, but you get the picture.
3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there?

In 2007 I would have been working so would have been at home this time of year.  I would have definitely been anticipating having all our family together in our new house for Thanksgiving.


My goodness how these grands have grown in these ten years.  So much has happened.

4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?

I did not celebrate and not a big dumpling fan.  Of the ones on the list, it would be gnocchi.  I do like Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup.  No, I have never made dumplings and that is not on my bucket list.

5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon

So which kind are you?


The most simple unexpected thing can be an adventure for me.  I enjoy a good adventure and as a child, dreamed of having all sorts of exciting happenings.  So, I think I would be the former, truly hoping to find an adventure.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

This is all I have to say about the kneeling controversy.  The media can't have it both ways.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking up for our sweet Tim Teebo. I just get ill thinking about the things going on in our nation! But God is our King of the universe. I have peace knowing I will live eternally in the Light of God's presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2AM? Holy guacamole, Elizabeth! 5:30AM Pilates? Now you're killing me!! Hope you get some rest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I debated whether to "go there" on the kneeling. The two pics says it all. So much lawlessness, disrespect and rebellion in our nation and it's so grievous. But we know our great God is still over all these things and nothing can thwart His plan.
    I like the story about your dog bringing the bird to your dad. Sweet dog. My schnauzer would not have been so compassionate. You are amazing and what a list of duties and accomplishments! And the pic of you from 2007 is beautiful, but you still look the same. Is that due to Pilates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...I see we have the yummy Olive Garden soup in common!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.