Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?

"Faith, Hope & Trust"

2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?

To answer the last first, No, I would not want to.  Could I?  Probably for a day or two.
We most often heat pre-cooked bacon, oatmeal, frozen rice, and bags of steamable veggies.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?

"Angels, from the Realms of Glory"
This hymn encompasses the whole story and life of our Lord and Saviour from the glorious appearance of the angels announcing His birth, to His Second Coming and reigning forever in His temple. 

4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.

The most beautiful would have to be Hwy 1 along the coast of California.  The most amazing would be the ride toward Jerusalem.

5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)

I don't have a list as there is really nothing I want or need.  But, this song sung by Amy Grant would be as close to one as I could come.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

As you read this, Dick will have already had his heart cath scheduled for today, Tuesday.
He had a triple by-pass 17 years ago and this is the first issue he has had in all that time.  His doc told him he wishes all his heart patients had his record.  But, it is time to see what's going on and do something about it.

Thus the title for my life.
FAITH, HOPE & TRUST

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth... I running to Mass this morning and will say an extra prayer for Dick. Love Amy's song. Stay strong - I'll say an extra prayer for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Dick will be ok! That is scary, but better to take care of it before it causes a big problem. Best wishes for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep your hubs in my prayers and hope all went well with his procedure. I love the carol you chose-one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers that the heart cath goes well.

    Great choice of title for your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for your husband. These things are scary, but modern medicine is just amazing, praise God! We all need to practice Faith Hope and Trust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that your husband had the bypass so long ago and thought this his first incident. I'm glad it was taken care of. So thankful for you and your family. I am not familiar with that Christmas song so I will be looking for the lyrics. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad all went well for Dick, and know you both are glad to have that behind you. Hope he's on the up and up very soon! I love that carol and I do love your current life title. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby has also had heart issues...a triple back about 10 years and doing well. Hope all checks out well with yours. I see we picked the same song...it's the first one that came to mind after I read the question. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your book title. I love the song by Amy Grant. Beautiful words. Keeping Dick in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.