A friend observed this morning that this year is passing so quickly already. Where does the time go?
I can't really answer that, but I do know that today is Wednesday again and I always look forward to the interesting Hodgepodge that comes from all my Hodgepodgy blogger friends. So thank you again Joyce for
1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?
Remember Flip Wilson's routine that "the devil made me do it?" It got a lot of laughs and a lot more credit for the evil one than he deserves, but it was wrong. True, there is much evil influence out there, just as there is much good, but ultimately, we are responsible for the choices we make. It would be nice to blame the bad ones on someone or something else and just take the credit for those that worked in our favor, but we can't get off that easily. Since I am totally incapable of always making the right choices and decisions and always doing the right thing on my own, I have to ask for God's direction, His wisdom, His protection, and His intervention in my life. I also pray this for my family.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?
By the world's standard, no one that I can think of. That being said, I was born in Ruston, LA and Phil Robertson and Terry Bradshaw played football at La. Tech which is there. Does that count?
3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?
I do own a crock pot and love to let a good soup simmer and cook all day.
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
I resent it!!!!! I think there is entirely too much personal information floating around and made available to anyone with enough money to pay for it. And that also applies to the new technology that will link one car to another. There may be some advantages, but I don't want Uncle Sam knowing my every move, thank you!
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
Yes, we will be sitting in front of the TV on Friday night. I always enjoy seeing the spectacular display of color and celebration and never fail to feel goose bumps when the American athletes are introduced and march into the stadium. I wonder if they will be wearing the Ralph Lauren peacoats or the patchwork sweaters. See my blog on this HERE.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
Geez, at my age its kind of hard to remember that far back. I do remember my over-zealousness on the basketball court at times, and my sister and I still laugh about that. I was a tough defensive player and evidently not a real smart one. If we were playing a really strong offensive team, I could be expected to foul out in the first quarter. We laugh about my accomplishing that feat in one game in about 15 minutes. I had this thing about going up to block a shot and swinging my hips into the shooter. I've eliminated a few offensive players that way, but I also sat on the bench because of it.
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that movtivates you to at least get up off the couch?
Interestingly, I don't listen to music when I work out. Of course, we have background music during Pilates class and also various kinds of music fed through the sound system of the gym, but I never actually listen. I can't handle ear buds while I'm working out except on the treadmill once in a while when I have a good audio book, but otherwise I don't want the distraction.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so excited about returning to my "Beauty Without Within Thursday" tomorrow. I will be featuring my friend Sharon Mabus and I think you will find her and her story very interesting and inspiring. So watch for this on Thursday.
Then, next Thursday I will introduce you to a new "friend" I discovered on Instagram, Susan Bass, who is a potter. But, that is only one aspect of who she really is.
"...Go out with Joy and be led forth in peace..." Isaiah 55:12