Wednesday, January 8, 2020

My New Year Decor

BIG NEWS!

Ava Grace's Cinemark ad is out in all the theaters.  Look for the cute brown-haired girl shopping for popcorn.  We are so proud of her!



Next week I want to spend time bringing you up-to-date on our trip to Indiana during the Christmas and New Years holidays.  There is so much to share with you, that it deserves time to do well, and I just don't have that kind of time right now.

Therefore, I will share with you what is much less important but what has transpired in my little house since getting back home last Thursday night, the 2nd of January.

Since we had driven for 15 hours, we did nothing but go to bed when we got home, but did hit the floor running the next morning.

As soon as the car was unpacked, suitcases unloaded and clothes washed, we tackled the few Christmas "touches" and got them safely stored in the attic for another year.

Then to replace all of that with that we will enjoy seeing every day.


The foyer was the first to receive a minor update.  I kept all the white pieces that I have used here since Fall but did a little rearranging and elevating.



I moved this precious little girl from a less prominent place.


This is one of two paintings by Paul Murray that have become some of our favorites.  She is so pretty and plays with the white pieces so well.


If you hadn't noticed, I love to layer and use items in 3's.



The white pieces on top of our little cabinet, balance the white pitchers and tureen on the bottom shelf. My goal in the near future is to replace the lamp shade with a black one.


The other surface to receive an update was the side table that used to be in the foyer.


The other Paul Murray painting sits pretty here and adds to the colors in the floral arrangement and other places in the room.



I love this deep red velvet and silk throw with gold threading in the design.  It is also a Christmas holdover.


A simple metal basket atop a black metal mirror holding a collection of baubles is all the coffee table needed.


The mantel remains simple in order to not distract from the picture which we love.  I kept the little berry/pearl lighted arrangement from Christmas.


The arrangement on the dining table remained the same as well.  I replaced the runner with a recent purchase that I love.



Is this detail not gorgeous?


This elevated beautiful glass bowl provides such a variation of colors to enjoy and I like the way it's shape compliments the design in the table runner.

In a matter of only a few minutes, all of this was done and it was time for me to sit down and enjoy being home.

I will be going to Dallas tomorrow to see my youngest granddaughter, Ave Grace play in a basketball tournament, and spend some much needed one-on-one time with all my Dallas girls.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful. I want to know how you keep your tables and floor so shiny! I was just talking with my daughter about that yesterday. My wood floor is never shiny and I need it to sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, your home is beautiful and winter ready! I will be looking forward to your posts about your December trip and Christmas. Have fun in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of your beautiful home. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.