Sunday, December 17, 2017

Being Grandparents to a Little Actress

The greatest joy of being a grandparent is having grandchildren!

I know that sounds redundant.

So, I will clarify.

The greatest joy of being a grandparent is enjoying your grandchildren.

And that we do!

The latest enjoyment was watching our youngest, Ava Grace, play Michael in the
North Dallas Performing Arts performance of Elf Jr.


They didn't have ennough little boys to play that role, so guess who was assigned and played the part to perfection.

In case you aren't familiar with the story of Elf, I will just let the pictures tell the story.

 On this particular weekend, the play was held in downtown Carrollton, Texas, in an old converted movie theater.  A perfect place for a small theater.


 This adorable little 11 year old girl made the cutest little boy.


Getting her mike adjusted.


Santa and his elves at the North Pole


Buddy finding out he isn't an elf after all.


Michael and Mom


Buddy and Michael finding out they are brothers


I wish I had a video of the song Micheal and Mom sang.  It was so good.


The family trying to decide what to do with an elf member of the family.


Such good dynamics between these two.





Cassidy finished her final finals at the University of Texas Austin in order to make the final performance.



These two young actors made the show so much fun and they loved acting together. 


And Michael was glad to wrap up her final performance after a busy, busy two weeks.


Until next time our little actress.  Break a leg!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, she is just the cutest and I can only imagine quite the little actress/actor. Our Oklahoma crew will be arriving later today and Clancy just gets beside himself with excitement. Hopefully that will last a while longer. Always enjoy hearing about your Grans. Blessings abundant this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... What a darling girl. She definitely has star quality. Don't forget that Mary Martin got her start playing a little boy named Peter Pan! Have a wonderful Christmas dear Elizabeth and a very happy, healthy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That last photo is so cute. What wonderful pictures and she is such a darling girl. Really, all your grandchildren are so beautiful and talented. I know your heart was bursting with pride as you watched her perform. I hope your Christmas is the best ever and safe travels to you as you go. It's too bad the theater didn't record the songs, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very talented little girl! I bet she will become famous one day. :)
    And your first sentence "The greatest joy of being a grandparent is having grandchildren" is right on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting time for you and your family. Way to go Ava Grace!!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.