Monday, November 27, 2017

Rugby, Soccer and Family #2

We had one more soccer game before Savannah officially ended her freshman year as a starter and finisher of the 2017 Trine Women's Soccer team.

On Monday, Oct. 30, we traveled up to Holland, Michigan.  Holland is near Lake Michigan and is the home of Hope College.  The famous De Voss family of Amway fame and among the wealthiest families in Michigan are huge supporters of this school. The name Betsy Ve Voss may also ring a bell.

The trip up was the most colorful I have ever seen as we don't really get fall foliage like this in Louisiana.  So enjoy the scenery with me.



Being so near the Lake, there are a lot of rivers and waterways along this northwestern route.











It was getting quite cloudy at this point and I loved the sun shining on the distant tree line.

The cloudy skies were amazing and we could tell the temps were dropping.






Savannah called and warned us that it was sleeting and snow was expected.  Again, I thought about those poor girls and their bare legs.


When we arrived in the neat little town of Holland, we were all feeling the need for something hot to drink.


If you ever have an opportunity to visit the small towns along Lake Michigan, do so.  They are so quaint and fun to visit.


Needless to say, this outdoor sitting area around a blazing fire caught my attention and even though it was beginning to sleet, I had to get closer.


Because of the freezing, rainy, sleeting weather, not to mention gale-force winds, I left the camera in the vehicle in order to hold on to my blanket and slicker suit while sitting in the cold bleachers.  So no pictures to show of this game.


This was the only phone snap I got of these brave girls.  By the way, our team lost, but our girl contained the #2 shooter in the region to a big fat 0.  Way to go Savannah.

If you missed the first one go HERE - All About Rugby, Soccer and Family #1

We will be back to Rugby in Cincinnati next time.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

1 comment:

  1. WEll, you should get an award for sitting out in such elements. I probably would not have done that. :o)) But, doubt I'll ever be presented with the opportunity. Just gorgeous fall foliage. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.