Thursday, April 27, 2017

Friday Foto Friends

I am linking up with
for
I thought I would share with you today scenes of our church.  It is majestic as it sits on a hill with its massive columns, and the steeple that soars for the sky. 




Baptistry Stained Glass

Large stained glass windows surround the balcony.
Hanging over the center of the sanctuary is this enormous chandelier with thousands of crystals that have to be cleaned and polished individually.



  The foyer is a large, welcoming space with marble columns and floors.  We have recently added two sitting areas for folks to visit while sipping coffee and juice prior to the service. 
 The paintings were done by ladies in our church.
I welcome you to First Baptist Church, Shreveport, Louisiana.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous church, Elizabeth. I'm sorry to say that our church is not attractive in the least. It would be categorized as "modern" about 30 years ago. I was married in a gorgeous cathedral, though. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.