It is all about Valentines today and isn't it fun to have one special day a year when it's all about LOVE?
Join Joyce and many others today for their answers on this topic of love.
Written love letters? You better believe it! When one "courted long distance in the 60's, letter writing was the only way of communicating. Hubby and I both kept every letter we shared in our short courtship and I still have them. (I also have my parent's letters. Isn't that great?) These are the very first letters Hubby and I exchanged only two days after meeting on Feb. 6, 1965. Yes, 50 years ago last Friday!
2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
One of my favorite movies is "Sleepless in Seattle" and although I love that they found each other on the top of the Empire State Building on Valentines, I want more at the end. But, I still love the movie. Can't really think of another one that I like as much.
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
Waking up with Hubby every morning. We get up early to go to the gym together, but we always have a snuggle time before getting out of bed. Although I hate the alarm, this special time does make my heart sing.
4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
That's an easy one. It is income tax time and I am busy getting all the final paperwork and spreadsheets done to go to the CPA and I can tell you, it is all being done half-heartedly!
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
Tuna fish salad - ya-ech. It is not my favorite and I can't tell you when I last had it, but I'm not adverse to eating it. Just not my 1st choice. I grew up on tuna fish sandwiches though.
6. What's something you 'know by heart'?
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Now, that is a love story!
7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.
To my Hubby, children and grands: YOU ARE MY HEART!
As I wrote earlier, Hubby and I met 50 years ago last Friday on a blind date in New Orleans. We always remember this date and enjoy reliving our first day together. I thought it would be interesting to go back and reread those first letters to each other. I'll just share a line or two with you. Needless to say, it was "love at first sight" for both of us.
Dick wrote his first letter on Sunday night after our meeting on Saturday:
"Are you a dream? All I've done today is try to remember everything you said and how you look."
Mine was written on Tuesday after getting his letter. I must have been much more reserved back then. HA!
"We have more in common than I thought. All Sunday, Monday and yes, today, I have found myself with the biggest smile. Sometimes I feel so full of happiness that I doubt being able to contain it all."
Now, how about that for romance!
Happy Valentines to you and your sweetheart.