Monday, November 14, 2011

What Makes You Beautiful - Holly Garth

Happy Monday Morning!

It is such a gorgeous day here in Northwest Louisiana.  We are expecting rain tomorrow for which we are so grateful.  Things are getting quite busy at the Day house with our anticipated trip next week to see long-time friends and then have Thanksgiving with our daughter and her family.  Then we will head north for an extended visit in Indiana.  So that means getting clothes ready to pack and the house in order.  Busy times, but eager anticipation!

Because this is such a busy season right now, I just haven't had the time to spend on my on-going topic; however, there are wonderful bloggers who have taken the time to write.  Many of these do address my title theme of Beauty Without Within and as long as they don't mind my borrowing, I am happy to share with you, my reader.

This was posted by Holly Garth and her blog can be found at:  http://www.holleygerth.com/home/

What Makes You Beautiful

As a little girl, I believed anyone related to you automatically thought you were beautiful. The kids at school might tease me but aunts and grandmas gushed, "Look at those cheeks! Look at that hair!"
 
Over time, I realized my little theory might not quite be true. I just happened to belong to an especially gracious (and very southern) family who chose to see the best in me.

But for the longest time I thought blood ties made you beautiful.

Pushing a vaccuum through the hall the other day, hair in a messy ponytail, I felt anything but lovely. I thought of my sweet relatives and wished someone were there to gush over me--even in my unsightly state.

Then I realized that Someone in my life did see me as beautiful right here, right now.

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

I paused for a moment in my cleaning, leaned back against the wall and smiled.

Aha!

It turns out I'd been right all along...

Blood ties do make us beautiful. 

Perhaps not always the kind that flow through family trees but forever the kind that flowed down a tree made into a cross.

Yes, He takes all of our unloveliness and turns it into what only He can...
all beauty. 

--Holley
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.