"You're in pretty good shape for the shape that you're in."..... Dr. SuessWe have spent several weeks looking at the best colors for each "Season," so now lets look at the next step in knowing how best to put together a wardrobe that best enhances your beauty.
Understanding Your Shape
As a pre-teen, I was bone rail thin. So thin in fact, my nick name by the cutest boy in school was "Bean Pole." Now try to live that down. Remember also, I grew up in the day of the glamorous, shapely actresses of the 50's and 60's such as Marilyn Monroe and other curvacious beauties. To say I had a body image problem as a teenager is putting it mildly.
|I felt pretty this day in my dress-up clothes!|
When I finally discovered I would never have an hour-glass figure and that there were ways I could actually camouflage what I perceived as major figure flaws, I became a much happier girl. So, let me share with you some of what I have learned since that time.
1. Very few women are a "perfect" size or shape.
2. We must understand who we are, both without and within and accept these special qualities that make us unlike any other human being.
3. We have an obligation to ourselves and those we love to accentuate the beauty God has given us.
So let's see what those body shapes are and how best to show them off:
There are 4 basic body shapes or frames. A, V, H, and 8.
This shape is also known as the Pear Shaped or Triangle Shaped, A Frame woman. This woman will have the following characteristics:
- Narrow on top half and wider at lower hips and upper thighs
- May have rounded bottom
- May have shorter. heavier legs
- Has average to small bust
- Puts on weight in saddlebag area first
- Obviously wider at the shoulders than the hips
- Usually large busted and may have a shorter waist and high hips
- Appears top heavy - may even have a barrel chest
- Usually has a flat bottom and thin legs
- May have a tummy problem
- Puts on weight in upper torso first
In the meantime, if you have questions about what shape you are, try this website and take the shape quiz. You may find it interesting and helpful.