There is a lot going on at From This Side of the Pond, so Iam grateful when Joyce takes the time to send questions that need to be answered. There won't be a Hodgepodge next week, so I will find something else to post about.But, today, you can enjoy how all the Hodgepodgers have answered the questions by clicking HERE
Dick and I were sitting in the sunroom. He was reading and I was finishing a movie I had started earlier on my iPad from Amazon Prime entitled "Last Word" with Shirley McClain, while also watching two hummingbirds soar and suddenly dip to one of the feeders just outside one of our windows. There was also a delicious squash casserole cooking in the oven. Retirement is wonderful!
2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.
We don't like thrown things around here very much so this is a tuffy. This is so mundane, but it's the only thing I can think of. I had plans to do my regular Monday workout in the gym pool yesterday at 11:30 and Dick informed me the pool was closed for repairs. That was a curveball to my plans and how I wanted to spend an hour of my day. I know, this is such a third world problem.
3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.
1. Cooler weather - we have had weeks of a heat index of over 100
2. Someone to regularly weed my flowerbeds - see above plus add in hoards of mosquitoes
3. Having all of my kids and grand kids in one place at one time - we are all so spread out and involved that getting together is almost impossible. We did however manage to pull it off when grandson played in the Cotton Bowl this past Jan. 1.
4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?
I'm assuming you are not referring to physical strength, but I'll answer that as well. I am not as physically strong as I once was or as I would like to be again. But I continue to work out to maintain, but I'm not into heavy weight lifting like I was a couple years ago. Age oh blessed age!
Yes, I do think I'm a strong person. First of all I am the oldest child and birth order plays a part in personality.
Second, I am very competitive, most of all with myself, so I don't permit myself to be weak for the most part. Unless it benefits me. LOL!
Third, my mother was a very strong woman and set the example. My dad also encouraged us in this respect. Although both would love to have had a less strong-willed child many times during those years, I'm sure.
Fourth, there have been situations in my life that required strength beyond my own ability and I learned that I must rely on Jesus Christ to provide what I didn't possess. Hard times can either break us or make us stronger. I choose to grow stronger.
Fifth, "I am nothing without Christ!" He gives me the strength to do things that require inner strength and strength beyond my own capabilities.
5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?
6. Insert your own random thought here.
These are some of the pictures I took yesterday of the hummingbirds outside my window. Such an amazing creation.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...and let birds multiply on the earth."