Thursday, September 6, 2018

Final Wednesday Hodgepodge

I have been out of town this week and unable to get my Wednesday Hodgepodge done in time for the usual Wednesday morning posting.

Since this is JOYCE'S FINAL WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE, I did want to participate even if it's a "Thursday Hodgepodge" for me.

Please click on the link below and see how the others have closed out this fun group posting.


1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)

It was spending time with our daughter and granddaughters last month, spending the last couple nights with my middle sister doing some fun stuff in her house.  But, I think the real highlight for me was actually my husband's highlight.  He was able to spend a whole week with our son in Colorado as they shared in a huge Rugby event with our grandson.  I was thrilled that they had this rare time together.

2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?

I wish I had done more reading but I've had a hard time focusing on reading books lately.  I've started several but haven't finished any.  I am listening to a very fascinating book by Charles Martin, "The Mountain Between Us," that I have to finish. 

Less of?  Sitting I suppose as that seems to have been a big pastime lately.

3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?

I can't wait to tell you what we have planned for mid September.  We will be spending a couple nights at Cumberland Falls National Park in Kentucky and a couple nights in Shaker Village just north of there, while on our way to spend a couple weeks in Northern Indiana with our son and his family.  We are so looking forward to this trip.


4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?

Like I said, reading has taken a back seat this summer unfortunately.  However, after seeing a most interesting documentary on PBS a couple weeks ago, Dick bought the book.  It is about a young couple who lived on a houseboat in the deserted swamp area of the Louisiana Atchafalaya Basin.  I look forward to finishing it this week.  What an amazing experience this must have been for them.  The book is "Atchafalaya Houseboat" by Gwen Roland.


5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor


My daughter has been in Maui this past week and shared this picture and wrote how God's beauty around us is also a constant reminder of His promises to us.


6. Insert your own random thought here.


annegrahamlotz2

I read today that Anne Graham Lotz has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  You can read about it here - 'Pray for God to Heal Me' and the significance of the date of her diagnosis.

Thank you Joyce, for bringing us all together on Wednesdays for these several years.  You are more than due a break and I am excited to see where blogging takes you from here.  I will miss all my Hodgepodge buddies, but hope we can meet up again soon.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo! I could use a week in HI right about now : ) We've got a road trip happening as well, then I think we're home for a bit. So glad to have connected with you through our blogs, and I look forward to continuing keeping up with you here and on FB. Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like family time! So great that you had so much this Summer. Love the pic from Maui. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I was a little late getting to the last Hodgepodge party but was finally able to get it posted yesterday afternoon. I had not heard about Anne's cancer diagnosis but I will pray for her healing...she is such an inspiration. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Maui photo is absolutely incredible!!! WOWSA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to miss these Wednesday's with Joyce and reading everyone's answers. Sounds like it was a great summer for you. I should try reading The Mountain Between Us. The movie was excellent! Your September sounds perfect. Enjoy your trip. That is one gorgeous rainbow from Maui!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the final Hodgepodge, just read the final today. Even though I wasn't able to participate as much as I would have liked, I did enjoy it when I could. I met you and a few others through the Hodgepodge and am grateful for that. I've had an unusual summer and have begun posting some updates. I'm looking forward to getting back to posting. I haven't gone back very far in your previous blog posts, how has Wellness Wednesdays been going for you? I'm looking forward to those.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.