Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wellness Wednesday Series #2




Dressing the Body



Black and white stripes never seem to go out of style and the designers just keep coming up with ways to reinvent clothing with this design.


I have several B/W stripe tops in my closet and never tire of wearing them.  A couple weeks ago while my friend Judy and I were on an excursion to fetch some fresh veggies, we found the neatest little boutique.  Sassafras Clothing and Gifts.  Cute name and a cute shop but they don't have a website to share with you; however, I have added contact info below.  They have some really cute clothing and gift items all at great prices.

When I saw this light weight black and white stripe tunic for $34, I knew it was leaving the store with me.


I really like the length and the way it hangs, and it is so comfortable.  I am wearing a size M and find it fits perfectly.


I dressed it up with a pair of black leggings, cute sandals and a pretty necklace.


There are so many ways to wear this top other than as I did for church Sunday.  I have worn it with black and white crop pants and jeans, and even blue jeans.  It would be so cute with colored leggings or jeans. You can also change the shoes and jewelry and have a different outfit every time.

You can never go wrong with black and white stripes.

Contact info:
Sassafras Clothing & Gifts
Address9824 Mansfield Rd, Shreveport, LA 71118


Healthy Eating & Recipes


We are always trying to find ways to fix chicken that fits the criteria for our eating requirements.  Last week, I found a recipe for Spinach Chicken Casserole.


It was not only easy but delicious.  I will be preparing it again today for out-of-town lunch guests.

You can find the recipe HERE.


I combined it with some of the fresh veggies my friend and I had gotten - Lady Cream Peas, squash and tomatoes for a delicious and healthy summer dinner.


Special Guests


I want to share with you a new blog I have just recently started following.

Blog Header Source

The first time I visited this blog, I sensed something different.  There was a sense of peace and calm that seemed to emit from this blog, if that is possible.  I just knew there was something special about being on that site.


Sherry, in telling about how her blog evolved, gives this testimony:

"This post is not about me. I am revealing the Glory of God to you so that it might help someone."

At least once a week, she shares a scripture passage and what it means to her.
I particularly enjoy these posts and the pictures she attaches.  She also hosts a party on Thursdays entitled "Home Sweet Home" where you can share posts of what you have been up to.

Blog Post Source
Sherry explains that her blog started out as a decorating blog, but in 2016 she read her Bible.
That statement caught my attention and from that point she had me.

Her introduction explains it further.
"I am Sherry the author of this blog.  Wife and mother to three boys, living a dreamy cottage lifestyle in my camera lens.  I am a lover of Jesus, like to take pretty pictures, and I especially love to have tea! "

Blog Post Source
And indeed, her pictures are beautiful. and I think you will not only enjoy visiting with my new blogging friend, Sherry, but also receiving inspiration and encouragement while sharing a cup of tea.

"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving"

Psalm 69:30

May you have a week full of Wellness!

Linking up with
Sharing a Journey
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Good morning Libby. You look stunning in your new tunic! The chicken casserole looks delicious along with the fresh veggies. I have been following Sherry for several years, she is a sweetheart and love her posts! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stripes look nice on you. Almost everything in my closet is a solid color. 🙄 Thanks for the idea of the spinach chicken casserole. Our main 'meat' is chicken, so it's nice to find new ways to cook it. Some sort of chicken and green salad pretty much describes every dinner at our house. With pistachios for dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also drawn to anything black and white and I like the stripes as well although I am careful not to do horizontal ones unless they are very thin...we short, full-figured ladies do have to be careful with stripes going the wrong way...LOL! I really like your tunic and you look great in it. Chicken and spinach are two of my favorites so this recipe is right up my alley! Sherry's blog is one of the first ones I started following when I began blogging but it has been a while since I have paid her a visit. I think it's time I did!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely top! Thank you for the recipe and the reference to Sherry's blog.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. My closet is filled with black and white!! I really like that top and especially the length of it. Oh, and the price is amazing! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will print it out. I also will visit the blog you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, of course, as always, you look beautiful. I'm on my phone. Harder to make comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, Your new tunic looks great on you. I love comfortable and versatile tops like yours. I will be on the look out for this company.
    Thanks also for the chicken spinach recipe. Sounds delicious and I like something easy and quick.
    I appreciate your visit very much. Please come again.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.