Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There



It's a Jungle Out There



Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There (Theme from Monk) (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan?

No, not a big fan, but we did watch it some.

2) The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter?

We have A/C filters that help keep our air clean and we have a water filter on our refrigerator.  We also only drink bottled water.

3) The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come?

I'm not much of a worrier; however, I do tend to overthink some things.  For the most part, I want to put my own spin on things as they come.  In other words, I like to think I have some control.  I know, the Lord has His hands full with this child of His.

4) TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes?

No I haven't

5) Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot?

No again.  But, I enjoy both these series on PBS.  Does that count?

6) This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques? 

I have a couple plaques given to me for being an "Outstanding" state employee in the Louisiana Technical College System.  I used to have some trophies for various beauty contests I won, but they went by the way-side years ago.

7) Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser? 

Oh yes.  My identity was never wrapped up in whatever contest or competition I happened to be in.

8) In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you?


Quite honestly, I've never had a human hero so to speak.  I have admired and looked-up-to individuals, but they have never been my heros.  But, yes, I have been disappointed by someone else's behavior or choices, but I've also been disappointed in my own many times through the years.

9) Random question -- We're catering lunch. Should we put you down for a burger or a taco?

Burger
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.