Monday, March 19, 2018

A Mid-Monday Weekend Recap

"But the most beautiful things in life are not just things.  They're people, and places, memories and pictures.  They're feelings and moments and smiles and laughter."

This past weekend was one of those times.

Dick and I spent Saturday just doing.  Just doing those little chores that are so much more pleasant when done together.

We cleaned off layers and layers of pollen on the patio.  We replaced the old cover on the grill with a nice new black one that soon became yellow as soon as we got it on.


We hung a new fern and potted a cherry tomato plant that is already full of babies.



My large pot of mixed herbs is doing great and offering it's fruits already.  I love the touch of lavender in the mix.


I added a pot of Gerber Daises and Creeping Jenny to a table in the Sunroom.


It was time to freshen the pillows on the living room sofa with some not quite so dark.  These are both pretty and tie in with the other colors in the room.


I am still loving this little vignette.  I did add a small picture on an antique easel that I like.


In one of the guest bedrooms I brought in some of the gorgeous Camillas that have been absolutely prolific this spring.

Now for the people, memories, smiles and laughter part of our weekend.


About six years ago, our dear neighbors and friends, Randy and Cele moved to Texas.  Randy was the Minister of Music at our church.  We have enjoyed staying in touch and visiting with them during these six years in their lovely Texas home.  Recently, they accepted the call to serve as Minister of Music at a church in northern Georgia.  They will be moving the first of April.


On Sunday evening, Dick and I hosted a "Going Away Again" get-together for them.  It was a time for them to see and enjoy some of their closest Shreveport friends before moving so far away.


Some of Randy's former choir members were here to enjoy sharing lots of memories.  


Cele brought me this beautiful Hyacinth.


It's beauty and fragrance will be a lasting reminder of sweet friendships.

"...my familiar friend.  We who had sweet fellowship together walked in the house of God..." 
Ps. 55:13-14 

"But, thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.  For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved ..."
2 Cor. 2:14-15
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.. Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outside area is just like an extension of your home, so lovely. Your new pillows are so pretty. I love, love pillows and I seem to find them everywhere I go. I know it was a lovely farewell to your friends. Happy new week Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of your home! I especially love those pillows...so pretty. I made some this fall out of old sweaters for that cozy winter look so now I have to find something lighter and brighter for spring/summer. I haven't started changing the seasons yet at my castle...soon.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.