Monday, January 29, 2018

Monday Already?

Is it actually Monday already?  And is it actually 2:30 PM on a Monday already?

I wrote on a friend's blog post today that I had not done a Monday post because I couldn't think of anything anyone would want to read.  Then thought, "When has that stopped me before?"  Good question.

So, I think I will see how I can bore you with a post.

Last Friday night we spent the evening with our dear, dear buds, Tom and Judy.  She is such a great cook and we love eating what she cooks.  This night was no exception.  She prepared a dish she has been telling me about for months, but am very unlikely to make myself.  Why?  Because her recipe required more than 3 steps.  Oh my goodness, it was so delicious.

I did find one similar that fits my requirements.  It's called:
Super Easy Chicken in A Blanket


I cannot testify that it will taste anything like Judy's because hers was amazing.

I must add here that eating at Judy's house will undo any weight loss you might have managed to achieve prior to entering her lovely home and sitting at her table.

Saturday morning we kind of did our own thing before spending the afternoon looking at a couple old Hallmark Christmas movies from 2016.  Just to be clear, there is no time table for watching romantic movies.  We also finished watching one of our favorites that we had started an evening or two before, "Camelot."  Do you ever tire of that music?  We don't!

Then, Saturday evening we watched another favorite, "Fiddler on the Roof."  This is another movie we could watch over and over just for the music.


Hubby and I did a couple numbers from the musical at our church's "Night at Broadway" last year, so feel we are invested.  "DO YOU LOVE ME?  I suppose I do."

No automatic alt text available.

Sunday was Sunday School and joint worship for us.  Our church sponsors a huge event every year called "Ice Up South Highlands" where there are three huge ice slides down the front lawn of our church and other interesting things for the kiddos to do.  We had over 3,500 indicate an interest in attending on Facebook.  Dick and I worked the 5:30 - 6:30 shift and I believe all 3,500 + were still there.  And everyone had a smile, so I'm assuming it was another huge success.

This morning I met with a trainer to set up a new workout routine.  We have changed fitness centers in order for Dick to do the required cardio rehab.  This will be like starting over for me as I haven't been as workout conscious lately as I should have been.  Also, it means I will no longer be meeting with my Pilates buddies twice a week and I will really miss them.

But, it will be good to get a new fresh start and before you know I will look like this.



You will be the first to know when it happens.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Well, that didn't bore me one bit. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and am about to go check out that recipe. I wish Tommy were more of a movie watcher. I'm wanting to watch Longmeir and trying to convince him it's something we need to do. :o)) Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boring?? Are you kidding me? Just a very interesting read and I love the pics of you singing from one of my all time favorite musicals. I keep it on my DVD to just watch it any time I want. Those are some of our favorite lines, "do you still love me?" Or "have I told you lately that I love you?" And so on. Sweet post and that chicken look really good. I will look for it on Pinterest. After all I ate this weekend, I really could use some gym time. For a long time.

    Have you and your husband seen The Greatest Showman? It is rated PG. We loved it.

    (So your granddaughter gets her performance gift from her grandparents!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! My name is Lea, and I saw your first comment and thought, "I don't even remember writing that." Mwaahaa! I wish you had let us watch a snippet of "Do you love me?" I bet it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.