Sunday, November 19, 2017

Dressing Snazzy on a Budget

While visiting my daughter in Dallas a few weeks ago, we made a trip to the local Target store.  This one had been completely remodeled unlike our local store that was still undergoing the process.

I had heard that Target was now carrying several new lines of women's clothing and was curious to see what this metroplex store might carry.

Both Christy and I were quite surprised and pleased to find some really cute and well-made items.  Needless to say, we both left the store with a few things we couldn't leave behind.

Let me show you a couple items that came back across the state line with me.


When I saw this jacket, I knew I could find several uses for it, both for dress and casual wear.


I wore this outfit to church yesterday and had so many compliments on it.

I dressed up my less than expensive jacket with a nice shell from Talbots, black trousers and boots from Macy's and one of my favorite statement necklaces from a local boutique.


I felt quite dressed up.

Another of my Target finds was this gold cable knit sweater.  I have worn it with other jackets as well, but really like it with this one.


I put on an older pair of jeans, brown suede booties and a little glitter necklace.


With the mild winters we have here, this is about all the cover I will need most of the time.


I have also worn a black turtleneck sweater with this jacket and a simple drop necklace to fill the gap and loved the look.

So, never discount a less than expensive clothing item if you like it and can make it work for at least two or three different outfits.

Linking with Amaze Me Monday
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. The plaid jacket looks wonderful on you and is so very versatile as you have demonstrated. Love the colors too...so festive for this time of year. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable in that jacket, Elizabeth. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jacket and you wear it well. I never hardly go to Target as it's not in the area of Monroe that I frequent that often. Guess I need to go by there. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Dick!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.