So glad to be joining Joyce for Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. When and where were the best fireworks you've ever seen? Speaking of fireworks...do you know your hot buttons? The things people can say and/do to set you off? When was the last time someone pushed one of your hot buttons?
A couple years ago, we went to the Texas State Fair with some Texas friends. We managed to stay long enough to see the amazing fireworks display. Let's say they do things big in Texas!
I do have buttons and they do get pushed but for the life of me right now, I can't think of an incident when that happened recently. My buttons are mostly when I'm accused of saying or doing something I didn't do or was totally misconstrued.
2. Have you hosted any outdoor summer parties this year? Attended any? What makes for a great outdoor party?
We are hosting a party today and will be grilling outside. But, in our part of the country, this time of year is not at all conducive to outdoor entertaining. It is much too hot and humid and the mosquitoes are out in mass . Criteria for a great outdoor party is when the weather permits and you're with good friends. And there are no flying man eaters.
3. What does freedom mean to you?
"For as much as it hath pleased Almighty God...knowing where a people are gathered together the word of God requires that to maintain the peace and union of such a people there should be an orderly and decent Government established according to God, to order and dispose of the affairs of the people at all seasons as occasion shall require; ... to maintain and preserve the liberty and purity of the Gospel is now practiced amongst us; as also in our civil affairs to be guided and governed according to such Laws, Rules, Orders and Decrees..." The Fundamental Orders of 1638That men back 1638 were blessed by God to ordain that a government be established according to God's Word. It is only through the Gospel of our Lord Jesus that true freedom can be found.
4. July is National Cell Phone Courtesy month...what annoys you most about people's cell phone habits?
Definitely those who walk around with a bud in their ear carrying on a conversation while shopping, or eating out, or in the bathroom stall next to you, etc. I am also very annoyed by anyone in public who talks on their phone loudly.
5. What's your current summer anthem?
I don't really have one.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow, Thursday, I will be going to Dallas to see our granddaughter who has been in Spain for six months. I can hardly wait to see her and hear all she wants to share about that time. This will not be her last trip abroad for the travel bug has bitten for sure.