Join us at
as we join together for Hodgepodge fun today.
1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.
I'll give us a 6. Negatives: The English Hawthorns and Azaleas need to be trimmed now that they have bloomed; Boxwoods need to be shaped; still have weeds instead of grass in places. Positives: Lawn is landscaped and beds are planted and plants are healthy. Plans are to pay yard man to do what needs to be done.
2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller What does this quote mean to you?
Due to shortage of time and mental dullness this morning, I will interpret it literally. As I have said before, we have new breeds of weeds in our grass and flower beds that I definitely did not sow and seem to be resistant to Round Up weed poison. This does not make me a happy person.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
My Abba - Father
4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I probably would talk too much or not at all.
5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?
I do like it but it isn't my favorite color by any means. I have one yellow sweater that I rarely wear and the only thing in my decor would be artificial lemons. My favorite yellow bloom would be the day lily.
6. Flip flops or bare feet?
7. Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations, or traditions you'll carry out this month.
I will be at our daughter's house for Palm Sunday which I am looking forward to. Our church will have a traditional Maundy Thursday service which we will attend, then worship on Easter Sunday where we will celebrate our Risen Savior with our church family.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
While in Dallas this weekend, we will celebrate our oldest grandchild's 24th birthday. She has always brought us and those around her such joy!
Happy Birthday Sweet Chandler!