Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge

These are my answers to this week's
Hope on over there and see how everyone else answered theirs.

1. What would you say is your strongest sense? 

I think it would be sight although I do wear glasses.  I am very observant of things around me.

2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Why or why not?

I do believe some can have a sense of impending danger or that a situation is not exactly right.  I prefer to think of this as intuition and discernment that comes from the Holy Spirit.  However, since sixth sense is most often associated with the supernatural, I prefer to leave it alone.  Satan and his angels are very much alive and active and I choose to not give them any credit other than for evil.  "Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world."

3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? Explain.

When trying to get a blog post ready.  That is my only deadline these days.

4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? How would you rate the experience? If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be? 

I have not worked in a restaurant and have never had a desire to do so.  I would never own a restaurant.

5. Ever traced your family tree? Share something interesting you learned there.

I have been a member of Ancestry.com for a few years and have enjoyed going back and finding ancestors on my dad's side and also my husband's.  My mother's family published a quite large and detailed book several years ago of their ancestry line.  One of the things I learned about my father's great grandfather is that he was a keel boat captain.  I have original legal documents proving that nature (wind and high water) and not him, were responsible for sinking his loaded boat in a river tributary off the Mississippi.  Reading how the sinking took place and what he and his crew had done to try to prevent it was very interesting.  No kings and queens in my lineage!

6. What did your childhood bedroom look like?

I shared a bedroom with my sister two years younger.  It was not a fancy place at all, but I did have something pretty laying around and lots of books and art materials.

7. Anyone who knows me knows I love_______________________?

My Grandchildren!

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

Based on the previous answer, what else would you expect my random thought to be?

Granddaughter's HS Soccer team won their Regional tournament and now to take it all the way to state.  Way to go Kingsmen!

Grandson's undefeated Western Michigan University Broncos moved up four (4) points on the AP/USAToday poll this week after winning over Akron University on Sat. 41-0.  They zipped the Zips for sure!

Last Friday, we attended our littlest granddaughter's Grandparent's Day at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Texas.  I am so grateful her parents make the sacrifice to send her to this outstanding school where she receives the best of a holistic education.  There were over 2,000 grandparents and great grandparents in attendance.
 We are some proud grandparents!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures of your beautiful family. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, gee. You have such beautiful and successful grandchildren. Great pictures and congratulations on the football victories. I love Prestonwood Baotist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post. I too live in the south and agree...it has been almost 90 here. Lovely at night and early morning...miserable during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you love your Grandchildren. There's always a special bond between Grandmothers and their Grandkids! Have a great day! Fun reading your Hodgepodge today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the poster at the end just sums it up so nicely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Grandparents Day was fun for all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice you get to really enjoy lots of time with your grandchildren. I need some : ) Hope you enjoy the rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I would like to own a restaurant either. Way too much work and headache!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting for your granddaughter! My daughter's high school team went to State her senior year. It was such a special season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to your answer for #2. What talented and beautiful grandchildren you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was good to visit you! I have been searching for time to blog, but missing my favorite places for sure! Your grandkids are soo successful and beautiful! Soo fun. Nothing better in life then grandkids. Agree 100 percent with your number 2! ENJOY your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope to join Ancestry.com someday! Hooray on the wins for your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.