Please join our host, Joyce and other bloggers who participate in the Hodgepodge by clicking
HERE.1. Last thing you did on the spur of the moment?
Participate in today's Hodgepodge. I hadn't planned to blog this week as we are visiting family, but I found a minute and couldn't resist.
2. How well informed do you feel about the current Syrian refugee crisis?
Not well informed at all and it frustrates me that I haven't taken the time to learn more about what's going on other than infrequent news articles. And then, what do you believe and what do you toss?
3. What have you changed your mind about?
Yesterday Granddaughter Savannah and I went to a boutique and immediately saw a tunic in the window that we both agreed was meant for me. However, after trying it on and seeing the price tag, I felt more than sure that it was meant to remain in the store and not in my closet.
4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it's way into the pool trap this weekend. If you'd been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?
Call for help at some point.
5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day...what's your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!)
Hubby and I eat most of our evening meals in our office/den so I guess one would consider all of those meals, TV dinners. In that case, whatever we decide to prepare would qualify. My favorite though, would probably be what I call Chipotle Salad which consists of layers containing, lettuce, rice, Black Beans, Mexican corn, either chicken or fish, tomatoes, avocados, boiled egg, and Olive Garden Dressing.
6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, "Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other." Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What's the second greatest virtue?
That is an interesting idea and one I probably need to spend more time contemplating than I will actually do. But, at first thought, I disagree that it is the greatest of all virtues. I would put Faith as the greatest because without faith in what is right and good and worth fighting for, why would you need courage. Based on this perspective, then I would count Courage to defend one's beliefs perhaps as the second greatest virtue.
7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?
3. Hor'd ourves
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary (a post can be found HERE) this past week and on Saturday hosted an Open House for family and friends.
It was perfect and I will share a few pics of flowers and food here. I will write more later.
My dear sweet friend, Jean Ann volunteered to oversee all the food and it could not have been better.
The flowers were done by Matt who owns Fleur de Lis Flower Shop and were amazing and filled the whole house with fragrance.
We are currently in Northern Indiana visiting our son and his family, so I will write more about the party and our visit later.