Be sure to join all the bloggers who participate in Joyce's
by clicking on the above link.
1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something pink?
I am not a pink person. As my coloring is yellow based, I stay away from pink clothes all together. I have very little of anything pink in my house unless you consider varying shades of red. So, I will go with Pink Grapefruit as my favorite something pink.
2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?
In high school I ran track, played basketball and softball. In college the few required gym classes that I took were archery, sword fighting, tennis and aerobic dance. I hated aerobic dance!!!
3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?
I don't have a specific association with that fragrance although I do love the smell.
4. Do you prefer to read or write?
I enjoy both. I enjoy writing when I have time to spend and a topic that especially interests me. I probably spend more time reading though.
5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.' Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?
Yes, in the south the lazy days of summer are a way of life. Excessive laziness however is not acceptable and a true southern lady knows the difference. Honestly, my summer days are really no different than my days the rest of the year since retiring. There is a routine and I find that comforting.
6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast...which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?
I would enjoy a trip to the Florida Keys. I have no desire to visit Disney World, and I'm too old to spend much time in the sun baking my skin. Plus, I've never been to the Keys. Today would also be a good time since there is no hurricane lurking in the Gulf.
7. What question do you hate to answer?
The one I have no answer for.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last weekend we stayed at the beautiful downtown Dallas Rosewood Crescent Hotel. I shared about the wedding weekend on Monday if you care to read about it. Orchestrated Steps
Inside the elegant lobby was this amazing arrangement consisting of Orchids and what I originally thought were Caladiams. But, I don't think that's what they are. Do you happen to know what they might be? Such an interesting and lovely combination.