Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Marching Into Spring

I am again joining Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond
for
1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?

Flowers beginning to bloom and birds singing.  The phrase that best describes where I live right now is almost there.  The birds are singing and the most hardy and determined plants are showing themselves above the soggy ground.  Trees are beginning to bud.  However, our mornings are still quite chilly and foggy and rain has been a daily visitor lately.  That's alright though because our water table will be grateful come summer.

2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?

The flashlight I guess, because when I needed it the other night, it refused to shine.  I'm sure the batteries just need changing, but that involves a spring I guess.  I never actually owned a Slinky as a child but my kids sure did.

3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.

From the Book of Ruth:
"Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you;
For wherever you go, I will go;
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
and your God, my God.
Where you die, I will die,
And there will I be buried."

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?

I can't think of anything that I want to share right now.

5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?

I am not a sugar freak unless you consider that contained in a piece of chocolate candy.  Yes, I have tried to make a conscious effort to reduce the amount of sugar I consume.  My body and joints appreciate this effort, by the way.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?

Work?  I do what needs to be done when and as I want to at this point in my life.  Since I can't honestly say I want more or less work, in the spirit of cooperation, I will answer more work I enjoy doing.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?

As I live less than 20 miles from the East Texas line, I have been to much of the state and have seen several of these attractions.  My favorite is the River Walk in San Antonio.  I guess the one on this list that I would probably most like to see is the State Capital in Austin.  I can always visit with my granddaughter there who is attending the University of Texas either before or after my tour.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It was time to add some lighter decor to the living room this week.
 I replaced the darker items on the mantel with white pottery pieces from my pitcher collection.
The off white sofa lends itself for adding color and design to the decor.  These pillows repeat the rug color and pull out the deeper reds in the flame stitch fabric in the chairs.  They also carry the eye from the foyer into the room.
 Speaking of the foyer, I added layered serving pieces which introduces the white pottery in the living room and the crystal items used on the bottom of the table and elsewhere.
 
The coffee table is fun and I found another place to use my sweet little mini vases.
I found this little tray last year and I think it is so cute and adds a sweet touch of whimsy.
So this is how I have added Spring to our little Garden Home.

What changes have you made to your home to usher in Spring?
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty warm room! I love the tray especially, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, you have an awesome talent for decorating .
    Love the decor of your room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like something right out of "Southern Living" magazine, Libby! You have such an eye for decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your answers and I would love to visit The River Walk again someday. It was bitter cold last November when we were there. Love the changes to your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty decor! I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your room and like others, you do have an eye for decor. Happy mid-week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for visiting my blog during this week's Hodgepodge. I appreciate the comment you left, concerning retirement, so much :)

    I've enjoyed visiting your blog, as well. Your spring decor is lovely.

    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.