Monday, March 30, 2015

Hello Easter Week!


Hello Exciting Week!

Wednesday, our dear friends Bill & Velta Morris will be coming to visit on their way back home in Lancaster, SC, after seeing our mutual friends, Derry and Dora Magee in College Station, TX.  Derry is having serious health issues and this could be their final visit together.

The two couples originally lived in Kentwood, LA., their home, when Dick was Minister of Music at the First Baptist Church there during his seminary days. It was under their guidance and in their homes that Dick and I got to know each other before getting married in 1965.

Back in 1968, while we were living in Orange, Texas., they visited us, and we all still have such fond and fun memories of that time.  We so value long, special friendships as these.
Dr. Derry Magee, Hubby, Bill Morris
On Friday, we will go for the wedding rehearsal of our nephew Ben and his beautiful bride-to-be, Ashley and the wedding on Saturday which Hubby will perform.
We are so happy for them and look forward to being part of this special time in their lives.

Of course, Sunday is Easter and we will be involved in worship with Bible Study and stirring music in praise of our Risen Lord Jesus Christ.

Then comes Monday again and we will be lifting off for a week with our son and his family in warm, exciting Las Vegas.

Just gotta love a busy, exciting week!

Hello F2D Super Plus
My daughter, knowing that we had boxes of slides containing a wealth of memories that would be otherwise lost, gave me a slide converter for Christmas.  This past week, I went through all the boxes and had a ball reliving so many precious times.  I have put them on the computer where they will be saved in a file for posterity.
These are just a few that I love.

John loved playing horsey with his little sister.
 Christy on her 2nd Easter.
 Easter approx. 1975, Christy age 4
Thanks again Christy, for my gift.
By the way, the pictures above of our friends was also among the "lost" slides.

Hello Soft Surroundings
As I do not enjoy shopping, I have discovered online shopping especially for particular clothing items.  A year or so ago, I started ordering from

I have only ordered tops and mostly tunics but I could not be more pleased with the quality, fast receipt, packaging and returnability of their items.

I recently received this lace tunic and wore it to the symphony Saturday night, will wear it to the wedding this weekend, and it will be packed for the trip.
I love it's versatility to dress up or down and the intricate lace is beautiful.  Besides, I got it on sale.
 

Hello Easter Week

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. I, too, love Soft Surroundings. I like their turtlenecks best of all.

    What a neat gift. I've never heard of such. Daddy had boocoos of slides and several years ago took them some place and had them all converted to CD's.

    Enjoy the week, sounds like a busy one indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Nothing like old friendships is there? Such a treasure. And the wedding is upon you, how fun. Did I miss seeing the dress you finally got for it? lol I am sure it's beautiful! I am REALLY REALLY loving that lace tunic top. It's perfect! And your right...lots of fun times ahead for you...the wedding, and then a week with your son vacationing. All sounds wonderful! Enjoy it, and happy Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very busy week for you. Have a wonderful time with your friends and I know that the family wedding will be amazing. Sorry to hear about Derry's health issues. I will keep him in my prayers. That slide converter sounds like a great gift. Love the photos. Love your top!!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a busy and a fun week ahead!
    I love your tunic, and even better that you got it for a good price!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.