Monday, March 16, 2015

Bless Your Beautiful Hide



Hello Beautiful Strand Theater
Friday night Hubby and I went to the old downtown Strand Theater here in Shreveport, where there is not a bad seat in the house,
to see the touring production of the musical "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."
This classic play opens with the song "Bless Your Beautiful Hide" sung by male lead, Adam.  Another of the classic scenes and songs is "Sobbin Women."  We so enjoyed this wonderful production and are so grateful to have access to performances in such an amazing venue in our city.
 
Hello Architina
 Last year I did a series of three posts on a Richard Neutra house that was built here in 1950.  It is the only Neutra house in the entire center of the country.
This past Saturday a tour group that originated in South Carolina, Architina Travels and Tours, included this treasure in their week-long Mississippi and Louisiana architectural tour.
There were folks from all over the country in this tour group and many had never been to the south.  I think they left with a good impression not only of this beautiful home but of our southern hospitality.
Hostess and home owner, Diann waves bye to the group at the entrance of her wonderful home.  It was such a pleasure to be part of showing off this treasure.

Hello Spring Blossoms
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, what an absolutely gorgeous theater! And, the pictures of spring blooms. Gets me plum excited! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful theater. I would love to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on stage. Love the movie! Welcome Spring....so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.