Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Mixed Theme Hodgepodge

Come join us for this week's


1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?

Song:  Four Brothers singing "Green Fields"
Book:  "Green Eggs and Ham"
Movie:  "Odd Life of Timothy Green" 
The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012) Poster
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?

I am not a believer in luck because I am a believer in the Almighty Sovereign God who was and is and is to come.  Who needs luck when the Creator of the universe knew me before I was conceived and has a perfect plan for my life?

3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?

It has to be spring break - not mine but our granddaughters.  For their spring break, they elected to spend the week in Las Vegas and we will be meeting them there.  Actually, their dad has a medical conference there that week, so it worked out well for all of us.  We are so excited to be spending a whole week with our family in such a fun place.

4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
 

 When I feel my appearance is as it should be, then I tend to think less about myself.  So, making sure my attire and makeup are done well and appropriate is the first step.  An image consultant once told me a lady should do everything she can to look her best, then before walking out the door, examine herself in a full-length mirror and if nothing is hiked or showing, then walk out the door with confidence and focus all your attention on others.

I also, think looking at people in their eyes when you are speaking with them, relays a sense of confidence.

5. It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
 
I am not a celery fan unless it is chopped finely and mixed with other ingredients.

6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?

To wait.  To be patient and allow God's timing to unfold rather than always trying to be in the drivers seat.

7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?

Yes I would, and I would love for it to be in the Colorado Mountains somewhere.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Yesterday, our son sent us the following link regarding a new review of his hospital.  We could not be more proud of him and the way he leads his staff to excel in "transformational" care.  What an honor to be the #1 hospital in the state of Indiana regarding patient and employee satisfaction, but now to be included with great organizations like Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic and John's Hopkins University is a true honor.  Unity Medical and Surgical Hospital is among the best 150 places to work in health care in the nation.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/150-great-places-to-work-in-healthcare-2015/unity-medical-and-surgical-hospital-15.html#sthash.imtZoUHd

Becker's Healthcare and Review is the leading source of cutting-edge business and legal information for healthcare industry leaders.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son! And have a wonderful time with your family in LV. I've never been, but it's on my list : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo with you on numbers 2 and 6! Congratulations to your son! What an honor! How proud you must be...I'd be bursting! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That house in the Colorado mountains looks like a place I could be very happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGE congrats to your son...you must be incredibly proud of him! So happy to hear that you're heading to Vegas for some fun time with the family! I'm with you...a mountain cabin in CO. would be heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of John and so glad I can say that I know him. :o))

    Can't believe how closely our answers were to feeling confident. Love it!

    Can't wait for your report back about your time in Vegas. It's a fun place to visit for sure.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed that Timothy Green movie. Have fun in Vegas. That is wonderful news about the hospital and I know how proud you must be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your son on his accomplishments! Doctor-owned hospitals seem to be gaining a lot of popularity, during these troubling times with health care.

    Enjoy your spring get-away with family! It sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.