Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Government to Bed Making Today


1. When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol)

PASS THE TYLENOL!  It was early 2013 and the Social Security office determined that I had been overpaid almost $10,000 and demanded repayment immediately.  Pay up now or else!  No recourse!  Not good and still doesn't make any sense.  I'm just glad I saved every SS check I ever got.

2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?
 
Considering we have elected someone TWICE who's birth, elementary, high school, and college records have been completely sealed and whose background is beyond questionable, I find accepting a non-college grad candidate whose record is proven as a no-brainer.  That being said, I do think the standard for all elected officials should be extremely high educationally, morally, ethically, as well as possessing proven expertise in the field.

3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?

We haven't stopped but have driven through various areas of Illinois associated with Lincoln on our way to and from our family in Indiana.

4. February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?
 
Oh yes, I do like almonds. a. lot!  Tops on my list would have to be an Almond Joy candy bar(s).  I eat almonds in my cereal, in stir-fry dishes, green beans, tenderloin, baked fish, and just about any other dish where adding almonds can be gotten away with.

5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated it's 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?

Am not and have never been a fan.

6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it?

 Clothes:  tops, jackets, wool coat

7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens. Thanks Zoanna!

She asks, "How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?"
  Hubby and I make up the bed together every morning.  This is easy because we get up together and just do it immediately.  One fluid motion.  I am very particular how my bed is made.  I don't like any wrinkles and the sheets, blanket and spread must be even on both sides.  The sheet header must be folded evenly over the top of the blanket. I stand bed pillows up on top of the covers against the headboard and then the decorative pillows are neatly arranged in front.  Told you I'm picky and have my mom to blame for that.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
Not many random thoughts today for some reason and then again, maybe they are all too random to be worth much.
I did see this room in a magazine with a surround landscape of NYC, and was just speechless.  How would you like seeing this vista every morning and night?  I will admit that it is truly breathtaking, but I can't imagine the ride to get there knowing I had to go back down.
Incidentally,this apartment sold for a record-breaking $100 million.
I think I will remain content with my little one-story Garden Home.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Overpaid by $10,000? I think the government does that on purpose just to give the auditors something to do. Wow!
    Never watched SNL and never will.
    I LOVE that apartment and the view. Wow, what a wonderful and interesting thing to wake up to.
    enjoyed today's hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love an apartment in the city! I'm all about a great view. I don't think I'd want to be in the highest of high rises though...feels too much like a target in 2015.

    You and I are kindred spirits on the bed making-ha! I want the bed made, but neatly. A sloppily made bed may as well be an unmade bed. Sometimes hubs makes the bed, which I appreciate, but he doesn't always get the pillows right : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES! I would have DIED if I received a notice like that! The view...I just can't imagine! I bet they paid a pretty penny to have that view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That view would cause my knees to knock as I'm not a huge fan of heights. It is bteathtaking though. Too much for my pocketbook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was one scary S.S. situation. Glad you saved everything and proved them wrong! Really like you answer for #2 about the President of the U.S. How sweet that you both make the bed together each morning. I would love that view of NYC but I know that dirty windows would really bug me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nowadays we just have SS checks direct deposited, so we never even see them. Wow! what a deal. I like my bed made and make it, but my husband takes naps during the day and leaves the covers flung open on his side.
    What a gorgeous view, but I'm happy with the view I have from my window. Can't imagine what it would be like to live up so high, and I wouldn't be able to look down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have CRIED and thrown a whale of a tizzy about the $10K ordeal. The bedmaking thing...I'm picky, but I think you have me beat.

    I've never quite understood how someone could spend SO much money on something even if they could. And, WHY if you're spending so much on housing, is it still called an apartment? To me the word"apartment" says "cheap" not "luxury condo in the city". I coudln't live that high up w/o getting queasy, but it's a stunning view for two seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, how handy that you and Dick get up together and can whisk through the bed making process. I spend all of my time walking back and forth from side to side. :o))

    Great answers and I hope to be back next week, just a lot going on these days.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.