We are on the Christmas count down but not too busy to take time for
with Joyce and the gang. So come join us!
1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
Although I admire what these people did, I would like to see the more than 100 Fort Bragg Green Beret medal recipients given this honor. On March 27, 2014, in a massive ceremony to recognize valor in Afghanistan, these soldiers with the 3rd Special Forces Group, were praised for risking their lives over multiple combat tours in recent years.
The medals included eight Silver Stars, 27 Bronze Stars for valor, 36 Army Commendation Medals for valor and 27 Purple Hearts. Their stories are those of true heros who selflessly gave of themselves to save the life or lives of their fellow soldiers and civilians as well. As our military dwindles in size, there will be fewer of these awards given.
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
Favorite-something old: An intricately crocheted bedspread done by my maternal grandmother.
Favorite-something new: My Canon Rebel T5i camera (following are some of my favorite recent pics)
HUGE YAY!! Give me peanut butter fudge, butterscotch fudge, just plain fudge fudge. I like fudge! We used to make fudge every Sunday afternoon when I was a teen, but I rarely make it now. It must have nuts, yes.
I was 28 when I made my first flight. We flew with a group to the Holy Land, but that's another story. Do I like to fly? Yes and no. Yes, I love the views once I'm up, but the getting up there is what I don't like. No, I have never been to the NC Outer Banks.
Just a tidbit of info. When we were at the Henry Ford Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI in September, we saw the Wright Brothers bicycle shop where their first "plane" was actually built and their family home. Very Interesting!
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
My grandfather, father and husband were in the ministry. My son, daughter, and five nephews are in various aspects of the medical field.
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
Getting this blog ready to post in between appointments and a Christmas party tonight.
7. This Christmas I hope (pray) for a reawakening among God's people that our country may turn from its wicked ways and experience revival before it's too late.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today, grandson and the Western Michigan University football team flew to Boise, Idaho
I know it isn't one of the biggie bowl games, but it is an exciting time for this Bronco team. They have come from a losing season last year to a winning team in 2014 and for the 6th time is school history are playing in a bowl game. They have never won; however, they have been given a 3-point spread for this game against Air Force.
Should someone in your home have time to watch Saturday at 4:45 CT on ESPN, look for #85 as a back-up center and special teams, or #41 at tight end.
Hubby and I will not be going to the game but Grandson's parents will be there to root on the team. We do leave Sunday though to be with this precious family for Christmas and New Years in northern Indiana.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!