Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ending and Beginning a Year

I didn't expect to see Hodgepodge questions this week with all Joyce has going right now.
Come join other New Year's Eve bloggers as we share together for
1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.

I think it would have to be when Hubby read the Christmas Story around the dinner table on Christmas night.  We usually do that after opening the "Santa" in the morning, but we didn't this year and I'm glad.  Sitting around the table offered everyone the opportunity to ask questions or share something that was meaningful to them.  It was a sweet time.

2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?

I have lived long enough to have quite a lengthy list of big news events.  But, perhaps the biggest event was the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 which led to the end of World War II.
 
3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?

Love it!  Yes, you would find it in my home and it will probably find its way into my wardrobe at some point.

4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.

That is a toughie!  I think every grandparent would love to see the continued lineage, but I think given the choice, I would like to go back and meet my two grandfathers and great grandparents.  I have heard so much about them and was told that I am very much like my paternal grandmother.
 
5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?

 

That two healthy feet are better than one.  I know that was not very deep, but on this last day of 2014, that's about as serious as I care to get.

6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014? 

A leather, stream-lined recliner for our office.

7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?


A trip to Vegas in April with our son and family as an early 50th wedding anniversary trip.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Grandson, Jackson has missed the last several trips south to visit his mother's Louisiana family because of football obligations.  Since he and girlfriend Chelsea were both out of school for a few weeks, he decided to take advantage of the time and opportunity to travel 1,000 miles to introduce her to them.  It was a surprise trip to everyone except his Aunt Lisa and young cousin, Spenser, who helped him with the plans.

The big reveal to his grandfather, other two aunts and uncles, and many cousins, was made today when everyone gathered for the big LSU vs Notre Dame game (which we won't talk about).  Big 6'4', 295 lbs boy and petite 5' girlfriend hid in a box to be unwrapped by the youngest little cousin.
 
 All reports indicate everyone was genuinely surprised and delighted with their Christmas present and Jackson and Chelsea are having a ball.

Happy News Eve!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun surprise! Sorry about your Tigers-we were hoping for an SEC victory too. Wishing you a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you...surprised she found the time for the Hodgepodge! lol Lots of thought provoking questions! Loved the surprise story! Happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your answers and enjoy that trip to Vegas. That reveal was just too cute and special.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet surprise with a whole lot of driving involved.

    Oh, you all will have a great time in Vegas. Not a place to live or stay for very long, but a short visit is lots of fun.

    Are you back home yet?

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.