Join us for
1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?
We occasionally play Mexican Train and Rummikub with friends. I have downloaded an app onto my iPad called Magic Puzzles. It is a collection of jigsaw puzzles and I will have to admit to an addiction.
2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?
3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.
Watch football. This has been a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember. Although we will be visiting our UTexas family, I feel sure we will watch the Texas A&M vs. LSU game being played in the MetLife Dome in Dallas Thanksgiving night. Our oldest granddaughter and future Grandson will be graduates of A&M and we are diehard LSU fans. I feel sure we will be in the minority, but that's alright. It is all about the SEC!
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?
Just give me a big Saturday brunch of biscuits, omelet and fruit. My sweet hubby is good at this!
But, my real favorite meal will have to be the Christmas Day breakfast we share with our Indiana family. It mostly consists of our DIL's family recipes and some new ones that have now become part of our tradition.
5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
I don't watch them, and can't think of a thing I need to own.
6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
I have done some of my shopping but still have a few things to do. I do NOT plan to shop on Black Friday. I would love for all stores to be closed on Thanksgiving Day. I think people would adjust knowing they will either have to buy the day before or wait until Friday. At this point the majority of my shopping has been done online.
7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?
The love and devotion of my husband. I never want to take that for granted.
Memories of my parents and the closeness of my two sisters.
My children and their spouses who are all amazing parents and citizens of the Kingdom.
Our seven beautiful grandchildren who are all as different as day light and dark and bring so much spice and life and joy to our lives.
8. Insert your own random thought here
Today is my sister's birthday!
Gin, you are the glue that holds us as sisters together.
You are our inspiration.
You are our favorite survivor!
We love you and are so thankful for you.