Monday, September 8, 2014

A Whirlwind Two Weeks!

Yes, it was really only two weeks ago when we left our home in the hands of God and a few close friends and neighbors.
 
So much has happened and there have been so many memorable and life-changing experiences.
 
I want to share it all with you, but realize that is impossible.  So, these are some of the highlights of the first week.
 
Monday
Chelsea, Alabama 
In 2008, Darla and I became friends on a blog for women when we realized we shared very similar views on matters of family, politics and faith.  We have remained "cyber" friends ever since.
 
When I realized we would be passing through her part of the country, I asked if we could finally meet.  She was so gracious and invited us to spend the night in their lovely home.
 
Meeting Darla and Don was like being reunited with life-long friends.  We felt so extremely comfortable in their presence and loved them immediately.
Thank you so much for inviting us into your home, for your gracious hospitality, and for making us part of your lives.
We shall treasure our time with you and thank our God for you and our new friendship.

 Tuesday & Wednesday
Lancaster, South Carolina
In 1965, I was introduced to Bill and Velta and it was in their home that Hubby proposed to me.  We have remained friends ever since, although we haven't seen each other in almost 30 years.
It was wonderful to visit and catch up on all that has transpired in all those years.  Bill and Hubby were like brothers making up for lost time.  It was such a precious time.
 
On Wednesday, they took us into Charlotte to visit the Billy Graham Library.
It was such an amazing experience to see how this world-changing ministry actually began and to see where Ruth Graham is buried, and at some point in the near future, Billy will be buried.
Beverly Shea and Cliff Barrows' wife are also buried here.
After spending the morning here, we met Marcy for lunch.
Marcy was one our "Kids" from Bastrop and it was wonderful to learn she lived right near by.  Thank you Marcy for taking time off work to meet us.  It was great seeing you again after all these years.
These first three days set the stage for the remainder of our week.
Hubby and I were filled with emotion as we reflected back of how God so richly blessed us with such an amazing time with new and old friends.  It was as if He put His loving arms around us and said
 
"I am going to love you through some of my most faithful and devoted servants."
And, love us He did!
 
All of these special people shared with us how God has and is leading them, how He is using them in various avenues of service, and the victory in their lives because of His faithfulness.
 
How can one not be blessed with friends like that!
 
Thank you
Don & Darla
and
Bill & Velta
for allowing us to be blessed by you!
 
And, the blessings continued as we shared in the wedding of our niece.
That's next time.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So glad you had a good time. These first few days look perfect to me. Yes, it truly looks like you have been blessed in the friend department! Looking forward to hearing about the rest. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes are filled with tears as I read this beautiful outline of your journey.

    I am so blessed and thankful to the Lord that He alone ordains every person that comes into our lives. You are such a beautiful woman inside and out. It is a gift to be able to call you my friend.

    The pathway to loving others starts and ends with understanding how much God loves us. THANK YOU for showing us all how to be a Godly servant of the Lord.

    Don and I look forward to seeing you both again. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love and Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all sounds so nice. I've made some wonderful friends through blogging too, an unexpected blessing. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post! It is always so wonderful to be with friends...new and old. I especially love catching up with old friends that I have not seen in many years. We always pick up, right where we left off. It seems that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's almost too much fun for two folks to have. What great memories and I look forward to hearing more. Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.