Monday, March 10, 2014

While You Wait, Seek!

It is Monday and I am again joining Joan in chronicling my Walk with God.

Join others as they share about

Almost on a daily bases the Lord is reminding me that while I am to wait, I am also to SEEK!  To seek His face!

"To find Me and hear My voice, you must seek Me above all else!"

God's words to Solomon were,
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray, and
SEEK My face ...."
2 Chronicles 7:14

So, what does it mean to "Seek His Face?" 

To "seek" means to desire and to search for.  This isn't just a casual request that God gives us.  To seek, sounds serious, don't you think?
God's Word is full of instructions and results of seeking.

Ps. 119:2b  "How blessed are those who seek Him with all their heart."  

Prov. 8:17:  "I love those who love me; and those who diligently seek me will find me." 

Is this not an amazing promise?

But, how do we truly seek Him diligently?

Jesus gave us the answer Himself!

Matt. 6:33-34
"But SEEK first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.  Therefore, (based on all I've said before) do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Paul wrote to the people in Colossae,
"If (Since) then you have been raised up with Christ, (or born again) keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God."

But, Paul wasn't finished.  He continued in verse 2:
"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth."

In other words, Paul is telling us that if we truly want to seek God, then we must love heavenly things, study them, let our heart be entirely engrossed by them.
It is hard to do that while we are holding on to and concentrating on the things around us, isn't it?

Adam Clarke, in his commentary of this verse said it this way:
"As you have received the doctrine of Christ and profess to be partakers of spiritual religion that promises spiritual and eternal things, seek those things and be prepared for enjoyment of them."
Colossians 3:12-17

Before we can seek God, we must have professed His Son, Jesus Christ, as our Lord and Savior.  It is as His
"Chosen, holy and beloved,"
that we are able to

Seek

Put On

Bear

Forgive

Love

I just love this part,  "and be prepared for enjoyment of them."

So God is telling me when I SEEK, I will FIND, and I will ENJOY not only the process but the benefits!
Because it does!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, could well serve as a devotional. Wishing you a beautiful week Libby and hoping your back is better. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Libby! God promises that if you will seek Him, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. ♥ And yes! We will have great joy in the process!

    Blessings and love ♥
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful, inspirational post, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Inspiration...great way to begin the day! Big hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeking God is a wonderful, daily habit, isn't it? You are right, though. Sometimes when circumstances in our world are swirling around us it is easy to get distracted. However, when we practice putting God first in everything, He will help us to make it through even the really difficult times. When we look to Him, our perspectives change...and that is a good thing!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.