See which way the wind blows. This does not mean, however that I leave anything to chance. I believe the Lord has my life planned and my day orchestrated. It's just that He does not always inform me ahead of time exactly what those plans are. So, I am learning to wait and see which way He leads the wind to blow.
2. Your favorite green food? Your favorite dish made with your favorite green food?
Spinach! I like it smothered, cooked good and tender, in a casserole or in my daily breakfast smoothy. Canned or fresh, it doesn't matter to me. I like it all.
3. Ever been locked out of your home-car-office-anywhere? Do tell!
Oh I am sure I have been locked out of all of the above, but really can't remember the last time, thankfully.
4. Yoda, Kermit, Shrek, The Wicked Witch of the West, Oscar the Grouch, The Grinch, or Mike Wasowski (Monsters Inc.)...of the green characters listed, which one's your favorite and why?
Shrek! I like his gentle spirit. We took our youngest granddaughter to see "Shrek the Musical" performed by students at the Richardson High School, Richardson, Texas, a few months ago and it was delightful to watch, but especially to enjoy it with Ava Grace.
5. "The first task of a leader is to keep hope alive."~Joe Batten Do you agree? Why or why not?
I think this is true. I think this philosophy is one thing that made Ronald Reagan such a successful leader and President. He gave the nation hope and re-enforced that through both his terms in office. The opposite of hope is despair and that seems to characterize this current administration, unfortunately.
6. Share a favorite song with an emotion in it's title.
"Love is a Many Splendored Thing!"
This is truly one of the most beautiful songs. It was this song that launched the Four Aces into success back in the 50's. We saw the revived group sing this on PBS this past weekend. Oh my, what memories it evokes!
Enjoy it HERE!
It happened to be the favorite song of one of my high school English teachers, and occasionally he would ask me to sing it in class. He was also one of my favorite teachers, so I never hesitated. Besides, it might mean an "A" in his class.
7. What's a road trip you'd like to take?
I would love to take a road trip all the way up the Eastern Coast Line. After that, we would go east, crossing the upper Mid-West and visit our family in Indiana for a spell. Then we would continue west to Washington State where I would then go south along the Pacific Coast on Hwy 1. At some point, we would go east, enjoying points of interest while winding our way back to the northwest corner of Louisiana.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
If you are old like me and enjoy the music of the 40's and 50's you will enjoy this link: