Answering questions posed by Joyce for
1. My sister is celebrating a birthday today. Happy Birthday little sis! What's one way you're like your siblings? If you don't have siblings how are you like your lifelong best friend or cousin?
My two sisters and I don't have a lot in common. We don't look alike. Our taste in clothing is different. Our taste in home decor is different. Our life styles are different. But, what we do have in common is our love for and commitment to each other. Since the death of our parents, we are committed to spending time together. We look forward to having a Sister Get-Together at least twice a year and any other time we can squeeze in.
2. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of yourself at age eighteen?
A scared college freshman, living away from home for the first time without a dime to my name. Thank goodness there were a lot of us in the same boat, so I didn't feel so alone.
3. Sculptor-actor-painter-dancer...if you could excel in one of these arts, which would you choose and why?
Definitely a painter! I have always wanted to paint and only recently have I acted upon that desire. Excel? Probably will never happen.
4. What's a scent that takes you back in time, and where does it take you?
The smell of burning leaves takes me back to my childhood in south central Louisiana. After raking the leaves that had fallen from the huge old oak trees around our home, we would have a big burning. Sometimes we could get close enough to roast marshmallows. Yes, those were the days.
5. November is for Peanut Butter Lovers (National Peanut Butter Lovers Month). Are you a lover or a hater? What's your favorite dish/recipe that calls for peanut butter?
LOVER! BIG LOVER! Just give me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It must be mixed well with grape jelly! I even like to add sliced banana. My most favorite flavor is Yogurt Peanut Butter made at the R&S Store in Shipshwana, Indiana.
6. What do people thank you personally for most often?
This is a hard question. I guess lately its been thanks for featuring friends on my blog. I have so enjoyed spotlighting some very special ladies in my life and they have expressed such heart-felt gratitude. Every one of them has said something like, "No one has ever done anything like this for me before." That brings me joy!
7. What event this year are you most thankful for?
Another hard one because there have been some events that I am NOT thankful for that I allow to overshadow the good ones. But, to narrow it down to one, it would be the month we spent in Indiana with our son and his family. There were many events taking place during that time such as soccer tournaments, orchestra concerts, granddaughter being inducted into Junior Honor Society, Regional, State & National Rugby Championships, and only grandson graduating from high school. Not to mention just being with this precious family for a concentrated period of time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My daughter-in-love sent me this picture of granddaughter #4 last week, all dressed up for a Halloween party.
It reminded me of a Halloween seven years earlier when she was another little kitty cat.
Now I ask you, is she not the cutest little kitten you've ever seen whether age 7 or 14?