Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Strikes!


Ever felt that way?

Some Week Highlights:
1.  A representative from a window company came to check out some of the windows in our home that appear to have lost the seal.  They indeed have and will need to be replaced.  Yes, there is a warranty, but because we were over zealous when we moved in seven years ago and had a sun protective film applied to our double-paned windows, they are no longer covered.
No problem; just a few hundred dollars and no sweat!

 2.  We enjoyed a delicious meal and visit with our dear friends, Tom and Judy on Tuesday night.  They have a catering business, A Tasters Choice, and let me just say, they know how to cook. But, we also enjoyed just sitting out on their patio and enjoying the beautiful sounds of the waterfall.  Love my Judy.

3.  I found a new Christian fiction author.  Hallee Bridgeman is from a small town in Kentucky and loves writing Christian romance novels.  She also loves to cook and being a homemaker and you can find her and more about her books HERE.

 4.  Our lovely, oldest granddaughter, Chandler stopped by on her way to visit other family members on Friday afternoon.  It is hard to believe she is now 20 and capable of traveling across states all by herself.  We tend to want to keep her at 3 or 4.


But, she is coming back to spend a few days with us this week and we can hardly wait to spend some time with this special young lady.
5. Our littlest grand had to have FOUR baby teeth pulled this week.  Her mom reports that she was a trooper.
 
But, please pray for her this week as she will have tonsillectomy/adenoid surgery.

6.  Granddaughter, Cassidy had Senior pictures made this week and Mom was able to sneek in one of her own.  Isn't she a classic beauty?  And just as sweet!
 
 7. Monica and I met on a Sunday morning in Sunday School back in 1969.  We were both heavy with child and immediately became best friends.  Distance took us apart for a while but on Saturday we spent the most delightful time together, catching up and bridging the distance.  I can only hope that this is the first of many such get-togethers for the four of us.


 8.  I have loved watching my little Purple Finch family outside my sunroom window.  They love the nectar from the hummingbird feeder.  The colorful male watched me a bit then treated me to a lovely little song.

May your week be beautiful within and without!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Hate that about your windows, but you have a beautiful attitude about it. You also have beautiful grand-daughters :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughters are just beautiful! The youngest one is having quite the summer though..poor thing. Praying the surgery goes well for her. Nothing like old friends huh? Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week to me! Those Granddaughters are just the cutest for sure! Poor little Ava!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.