Easter Hodgepodge with Joyce
1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?Easter will be quiet for us. Hubby and I will go to church and Sunday School, then eat out somewhere. We have no plans for the afternoon and evening at this time. We just enjoy being together and look forward to seeing Daughter and family this next week.
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
Crochet. Not gonna happen.
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."
Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
"Love is patient, love is kind." Sometimes I get quite out of sorts with Hubby when he doesn't hear what I've said, then repeats exactly what I just said as if it never happened. I think he may hear just enough for it to ring his consciousness and think it might be good to say. I am constantly saying, "I just said that!" and might I mention, it is not always in the sweetest of tones. I know, get over it and move on. I'm working on it.
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Purple Azaleas. I grew up in south Louisiana and our house was surrounded with huge, over-grown azaleas. I can remember seeing seas of color along the edge of the woods near our house. Azalea is the flower of the South and especially Acadiana!
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
Never, and have no plans to.
Never, and have no plans to.
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
I have a large basket in my bedroom which holds afghans and blankets not often used. It has also become a catch-all for my gym bag. It is just so convenient.
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
Oh geez, I try to avoid that feeling at all costs. Let's see. I think it was the other night when again I snapped, "I JUST SAID THAT!" I know, it was so unnecessary and I did feel foolish for again listening to that nasty little Libby on my shoulder. Please Holy Spirit, help me be patient and kind.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, our little building project has been moved back a few days. Our carpenter has a health issue that needs to be attended to so work will begin first thing Monday morning. Hopefully, the weather will be better for working outside than it has been this week. The cabinet and overhead book shelves were delivered on schedule though, so all we need now are the men with brawn and know-how.
I think Hubby and I will go ahead and seal the concrete floor this week and of course I still have to pick out the granite for the counter top and back-splash. But, plans are made to be changed, and that is fine. We will just be that much more excited when it does all come together.
Come back on Friday and check out "Elegance - Part 3 - ?"