Friday, January 27, 2012

January Road Trip & Plans for February

We took a Saturday road trip with special friends to a family member's home-away-from-home in Mt Mariah, Arkansas.  The temperature really dropped while we were there so we enjoyed a roaring fire in the Arkansas Stone fireplace.
We took a long walk around the private property which is bordered by the Little Missouri River
I climbed the hill overlooking the log cabin.  A beautiful view.
Beautiful mist-covered mountain range in central Arkansas
 February
Because I don't seem to be accomplishing a whole lot in my retirement, I've decided to adapt an idea from one of my favorite blogs, "Inspired Design" and create a list of things to do to make the upcoming month of February a fun and hopefully productive one. "Fun and production don't just fall into our laps, we have to create it."  So, here is what I've come up with:

PLANS FOR FEBRUARY

Start a new Bible Study.

Take a photograph a day. It will be fun to look back at the end of the month.

Have lunch and see a matinee movie with couple friends at least once during the month.

Possibly join the FBC Handbell Choir.

Write a handwritten letter telling someone how special they are to me and why.

Touch base with a long-distance friend.

Take a mini road trip, favorite friends required.

Scan and save copies of parent's love letters for posterity.

Enjoy a weekend with Sisters.

Clean out closets and compile Goodwill stash.

Find a new hairstylist.

Make one new recipe a week. 

Visit College Station friends.

Watch Ava Grace play soccer.

What's on your list?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."   Proverbs 3:5-6
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.